Remember this amazing wedding I featured a few weeks back? Her dress just pulled me right in and I had to see more of the wedding! After talking with J Andrew, the photographer, and the bride, I am now able to show you all the rest of the wedding as well. I have included helpful tips from the bride as well!
On The Budget: I had a moderate size budget, and being that the dress was more expensive than I wanted to spend, I decided to cut my guest list down in order to save money in another area. I found cutting the guest list down was the best way to cut costs. I also used the theknot.com's budgeter tool, which really helped me put things into perspective. I am a very money conscious person, so this tool very helpful to me, and made planning a lot easier!
I think it’s a good idea for the bride to prioritize things and decide from the very beginning what is most important to her and what she is willing to cut out of the budget. For me it was the dress.
On The Colors: I have two very creative sisters and being that I love deep fall colors, they helped me decide that a burnt orange and wine color would be amazing together and add a little uniqueness to my wedding.
My sister went to a local home improvement store and picked out paint samples. We compared different color combinations until we made the final decision on the wine and burnt orange.
Jewelry: My sister Ashley makes jewelry, SweetSouthernSorbet. She made all of the bridesmaid necklaces for me with vintage jewels and beads. Each was unique and beautiful. All of the girls were so excited to have a piece of her jewelry.
On The Vendors:
- J Andrew Photography did my photography and he did an amazing job as well! The pictures are unique and have such vibrant colors, I could not be happier!
- Flowers: I used House of Flowers here in Bakersfield, CA, and wow, they did an amazing job. I had a few print outs with some flowers I liked. I brought them the pictures and they just made everything so beautiful and amazing.
- Cake : Sweet Creations Custom Cakes in Bakersfield made my delicious red velvet wedding cake! She is very creative and makes the best tasting cakes.
- DJ: Free Style Entertainment provided my DJ services. The DJ made a time frame schedule for the reception which helped out so much! I had some great vendors who all pulled through and far exceeded my expectations.
- Event Planner: I did not have an event planner, but thanks so much to my Mom Phyllis, and my two sisters Ashley and Megan, I did not need one!