Last week I met with my wedding planner to visit a florist and a linen store. Thanks to my preparation and research on flowers, the meeting with the florist went very well!! He was thrilled to have a bride who knew what she wanted! I even brought my iPad to show him photos from my recent E&I posts ;-)
The visit to the linen store was.... overwhelming to say the least. In hindsight, I should have done more research on my vision for table settings to at least have an idea of what I wanted. To be honest, I didn't even know what to expect from visiting a linen store. I seriously thought, "Linens? I don't care about linens. Just throw on a white table cloth and napkins and we should be good." After the fact, I still don't care that much about linens, but I do know what I want now... something simple and elegant. I am blogging about this today so all of you brides out there can feel more at ease when you check this off your list.
Here are some things to consider before you shop:
- What color do you want the table cloths to be?
- Will the napkins match?
- Have you considered a table runner? If, so what pattern and/or texture?
- Do you want your linens to have texture or shine? i.e. satin, cotton, lace, embroidery, etc.
- What kind of chairs do you want? i.e. plain chairs covered in fabric with a bow, Chiavari chairs, folding chairs, etc.
- Have you thought about a sweetheart table, or do you want the entire bridal party to be at the same table? This can get complicated if you have 8 bridesmaids and 8 groomsmen like we do.
- If you have a dessert table and cake table, do you want the linens to match the other tables, or do you want them to stand out differently?
- What items do you want to place on the table to add a personal touch? i.e. vases, birdcages, picture frames, etc. (stuff besides flowers)
- Have you envisioned your cake table?
Here are some photos of tables, chairs, linens and decor to give you an idea of what to look for when collecting your inspiration:
Photo Credits: Green Wedding Shoes
Photo Credit: Style Me Pretty
As you can see, there's a lot to think about when it comes to linens. Are you a bride who has a passionate vision for your tables? Or, do you just let your planner run with it based on your colors and other inspiration. Please feel free to share your thoughts!