When I got engaged September 12, 2011 I truly had NO idea what it would take to plan a wedding. Reading magazines and discovering that the average woman takes about a year to plan a wedding was surprising to me. To look back just 5 months ago to where I was and where I am now... WOW, I've come a long way, baby. I've laughed, I've cried and I almost convinced Vinnie to elope. But I have to say, at this point in the planning process I feel good. I have approx 7 1/2 months until my big day. I may not be exactly on the "Brides Magazine" countdown, but I'm comfortable with where I'm at...Here's what I've accomplished thus far :
- Guest Count & Bridal Party
- Wedding website (thank you www.modwedding.com for the fabulous & chic site! Oh, did I mention it was FREE?!?)
- The Dress (gorgeous Elizabeth Fillmore gown for 75% off....SCORE!)
- Met with a wedding planner
- Scouted Photographers and Videographers (still need to hire one, but not stressing about it.... yet)
- Color Palette: Light Grey & Yellow with Succulent Green Accents
- Save the Dates (below) I love them and they're going out TODAY!!
- Meet with vendors to plan the details (flowers, rentals, menu, cake, drinks)
- Lock down our photographer/videographer
- Order the invitations
- Shop for bridesmaids outfits
- Research & book the honeymoon (Yippee)
- Select our officiant
I feel like I've finally gotten into the groove of wedding planning. I'm having fun and communicating better with my fiance... he likes to be kept in the loop and lend his opinions on things too! How are you doing with your timeline? Are you ahead of your own schedule? Any tips for staying focused and not stressing?