Today I thought it would be great to get some tips from a professional make-up artist to help you with the look for your big day. Tamra Marie works in the Bay Area, CA doing bridal make-up professionally. I have asked her to contribute a few tips to help all the brides out, and believe me, I have my paper and pencil out and taking notes! Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day but don't stray to far from your usual look. I’ve had minimalist makeup wearers request a red lip vintage look for their trials and had brides who normally wore heavy eyeliner ask for a natural look, but neither usually feel's themselves when it’s done. I’m all for playing around with makeup, but your wedding day isn’t the day to do it. If you want to try a smokey eye for the first time, save it for your bachelorette party!
There are a few tips that you should really take into account on your big day to make sure you are camera-ready.
Pre-Wedding Beauty Basics:
· Facials should be scheduled one week prior
· Avoid using Retin-A products or any other strong skin treatments
· Avoid salt, carbonated drinks, and alcohol. They can cause puffiness throughout your face and body.
· Plan to get your eyebrows and body waxed at least 3 days before; Redness can be tough to cover, and some people stay slightly swollen for a couple days post-wax.
· Drink eight to ten glasses of water for at least five days before
· Get a massage a day or two before the big day
· Have a long, leisurely bath the evening before, and get a good night’s sleep